Firmware upgrade version 1.71 for SA44xx
This upgrade includes: The firmware files (version 1.71)
Resolve the occasional hang up issue.
Improve general performance of the player.
Improve the handling of expired DRM songs.
Please make sure that your PC is running on
Windows XP (home or Professional SP2 or above)
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
· At play mode, press the MENU key
· Select SETTINGS from the root menu of your player
· Select INFORMATION and FW version and then press the > key
· You will see the FW Version
How to download the software to your PC
. Launch the Internet Explorer
2. Enter the
Philips support site at url
http://www.philips.com/support (or http://www.philips.com/usasupport
if you are in the
3. Select your
resided country & language (not needed if you are in the
4. Enter the model number
5. Click on Software under Product Support
6. Double click your desired language under Software/Firmware upgrade to download the zip file to your PC.
7. Unzip the file in a temp directory on your PC.
8. Run the setup.exe file to start the installation.
9. Follow the screen instructions to complete the installation of Device Manager.
How to upload the software to your device
1. First make sure that you have your PC connected to the internet, as the firmware manager will download the firmware from the firmware server, it is necessary that you have the PC online during the entire the process.
2. Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start -> Programs -> Philips Digital Audio Player -> SA44XX -> Philips SA44XX Device Manager on your PC.
3. Connect player to the PC. Switch on the player.
4. Click the UPDATE button,
5. The upgrade process will continue to download firmware.
7. Once the upgrade process is completed, click FINISH to close the application.
8. You may now disconnect the player from your computer.
1.61 Initial Version