Firmware upgrade version 4.11 for SA2200/37, SA2210/37, SA2220/37
This upgrade includes: The firmware files (version 4.11)
Improvement made on the Firmware upgrade process
Improvement made on the Variable bit rate support of music tracks
Improvement made on the playback of low bit rate music tracks
Fixed the problem of no sound after switching source from FM radio to music playback
Please make sure that your PC is running on
Windows XP (home or Professional)
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
· At play mode, press the MENU key
· Select SETTINGS from the root menu of your player
· Select INFORMATION and FW version and then press the > key
· You will see the FW Version
How to download the software to your PC
There is no need to download the firmware from this link to your PC. Please follow the steps under How to upload the software to your device the Philips Device manager will automatically go onto the support site and download the firmware for you and upload into your device.
How to upload the software to your device
1. First make sure that you have your PC connected to the internet, as the firmware manager will download the firmware from the firmware server, it is necessary that you have the PC online during the entire the process.
2. Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start -> Programs -> Philips Digital Audio Player -> SA22XX -> Philips SA22XX Device Manager on your PC. If you do not have this program installed yet, install it from the by-packed CD or download it from www.philips.com/support.
3. Connect the player to the PC. Switch on the player.
4. Click the UPDATE button,
5. The upgrade process will continue to download firmware.
7. Once the upgrade process is completed, click FINISH to close the application.
8. You may now disconnect the player from your computer.
2.81 Initial Version
1. Improved the playability of WMA music files
2. Resolved the issue of high frequency distortion on certain MP3 files
3. Add 5 more UI languages support, (Norwegian, Hungarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish)
4. Add the warning string "File Format not supported" when the file format is not support.
3.21 Improvement on the error correction ability to better protect the player against flash/file system/firmware corruption