Firmware upgrade version V2612126 for SA12xx
- This release of the firmware may fix the error with showing of Russian ID3 Tag.
- Support of Windows Vista
Please make sure that your PC is running on
· Windows 98SE & ME
· Windows 2000
· Windows XP (home or Professional)
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
· Press the MENU key
· Select SETTINGS with the Fast Forward key
· Enter SETTINGS by pressing the Play ON/OFF key
· Use the Fast Forward key to select Information
· Press the Play ON/OFF key to enter information
· Use the Fast Forward key again to select FW version, press Play ON/OFF to view the firmware version.
If your firmware version is the same as the one on the support site then you have already the latest version in your device.
How to download the software to your PC
Download firmware from the Philips support site.
1. Launch the Internet Explorer
2. Enter the Philips support site at url http://www.philips.com/support
3. Select your resided country & language
4. Enter the model number
5. Click on Software under Product Support
6. Click your desired language under Firmware upgrade software to download the zip file into a temp file on your PC.
7. Unzip the file and double click the setup.exe file to install the firmware manager with the firmware to your PC.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your PC.
How to upload the software to your device
1. Switch on the player and connect it to the PC.
2. Run the application on your PC at Start->Programs->Philips GoGear Digital Audio Player->GoGear SA12XX ->Philips Firmware Manger
3. Click the START button.
4. The firmware will be uploaded to the device.
5. Once the upgrade process is completed, you may safely eject the player and then disconnect it from your PC.
V2610112 Initial version
V2610118 To support Russian language user interface
V2611121 Solving firmware corruption and upgrading fail problems
A new setting menu for folder skip function enable/disable is available
Solving the problem of the volume setting at resume has been removed
V2611122 This release of the firmware will be compatible with both INTEL 1GB SLC NAND flash & TOSHIBA 512 MLC NAND flash support.