Firmware upgrade version V2612126 for SA110x & SA111x
- This release of the firmware may fix the error with showing of Russian ID3 Tag.
Please make sure that your PC is running on
· Windows 98SE & ME
· Windows 2000
· Windows XP (home or Professional)
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
· Press the MENU key
· Select SETTINGS with the Fast Forward key
· Enter SETTINGS by pressing the Play ON/OFF key
· Use the Fast Forward key to select Information
· Press the Play ON/OFF key to enter information
· Use the Fast Forward key again to select FW version, press Play ON/OFF to view the firmware version.
If your firmware version is the same as the one on the support site then you have already the latest version in your device.
How to download the software to your PC
Download firmware from the Philips support site.
1. Launch the Internet Explorer
2. Enter the Philips support site at url http://www.philips.com/support
3. Select your resided country & language
4. Enter the model number
5. Click on Software under Product Support
6. Click your desired language under Firmware upgrade software to download the zip file into a temp file on your PC.
7. Unzip the file and double click the setup.exe file to install the firmware manager with the firmware to your PC.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your PC.
How to upload the software to your device
1. Run the application on your PC at Start->Programs->Philips GoGear Digital Audio Player->GoGear SA110X or GoGear SA111X ->Philips Firmware Manager
2. Remove the battery from the player and then press and hold the PLAY button while connecting the device to the PC. Keep holding the PLAY button until the firmware manager is recognizing the device.
3. Click the START button to upgrade the firmware to the device.
4. Once the upgrade process is completed, you may safely eject the player and then disconnect it from your PC.
V2610115 Initial version at product launch
V2610117 Solving the problem with device auto switch off at the PHILIPS splash screen immediately after switched on
V2611121 Solving possible firmware upgrade failure problem
A new setting menu for enabling/disabling folder skip function is available
Solving the problem with volume setting changes after resume.
V2611122 This release of the firmware will be compatible with both INTEL 1GB SLC NAND flash & TOSHIBA 512 MLC NAND flash support.