Firmware (FW) version 5.34 for PSA610, PSA612, PSA615
This is the original version of firmware at initial product launch. There is no need to upgrade unless you need to do a repair of the firmware in your device.
Do I need the software?
1. Press the MENU key
2. Scroll down to Settings
3. Enter Settings by pressing the > key
4. Scroll down to Information
5. Enter Information by pressing the > key
6. You will see FW Vers: xxx, where xxx is the version
7. If you already have the latest version, there is no need to upgrade.
Please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/default.mspx
How to download the software to your PC
A software program called Philips Device Manager will monitor the firmware status of your player and notify you if a new firmware is available. There is no need to download the zip file under firmware upgrade. Once you have the device connected to the computer and to the power supply and at the same time with the computer connected to Internet, launch Device Manager the firmware will be retrieved automatically by the Device Manager from the support site.
Install Philips Device Manager from the supplied CD or download the latest version from the Philips support site of the url http://www.philips.com/support by following the procedure below.
1. Launch the Internet Explorer
2. Enter the Philips support site at url http://www.philips.com/support
3. Select your resided country & language
4. Enter the model number
5. Click on Software under Product Support
6. Double click your desired language under Device/Firmware Manager to download the zip file to your PC.
7. Download the file in a temp directory on your PC.
8. Unzip the file and then run the Setup.exe file to start the installation.
9. Follow the screen instructions to complete the installation of Device Manager.
How to upload the software to your device
1. If you have not already installed the Device Manager from the supplied CD, install it from the CD or download the latest version of the Device Manager application from http://www.philips.com/support.
2. Once you have Device Manager installed, connect the PSA to the power supply with the AC/DC adapter and to the computer with the provided USB cable. Make sure that Windows Media Player along with any other applications are closed.
3. Launch the Philips Device Manager by double clicking the Device Manager icon at the task bar on your computer.
4. Select your device in the dialogue box and then click Update. The Philips Device Manager will detect the connection of your PSA and the application will automatically check on the server to see if an update is available and prompt user to download the updated firmware. Click YES to start the downloading.
5. A status bar will show the downloading progress of the firmware. Once the downloading is complete the application will prompt you to install the update onto your PSA. Click YES to confirm.
application will show the status of updating and at the end you need to click
OK to complete the update. (Please do not disconnect
the jukebox during the upgrading process as this interruption may damage the
Once the success message is displayed. Close Device Manager and all opened application and unplug your PSA.
To gain access to our future product improvements and free software downloads, we recommend that you register at www.philips.com/register.