Firmware upgrade version 6.0 for HDD082
This upgrade includes: The firmware files (version 6.0)
- Further improve on reducing the chance of occasional hang up.
- Solving the problem with device detected as Digital Camera by the PC
- Improve the playability of a specific WMA track.
- Solving the problem of the device database with ID3 information (track name) occasionally missing.
- Reduced the power on time
- Solving the device hang up problem after delete recording.
Please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above) you may upgrade your OS service pack via the url http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/default.mspx
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
- Press Menu and scroll for Settings > Information.
- If you already have the latest version, there is no need to upgrade.
How to download the software to your PC
A software program called Philips Device Manager will monitor the firmware status of your player and notify you if a new firmware is available. You need an Internet connection for this.
Install Philips Device Manager from the supplied CD or download the latest version from the Philips support site of the url http://www.philips.com/support by following the procedure below.
1. Launch the Internet Explorer
2. Enter the Philips support site at url http://www.philips.com/support
3. Select your resided country & language
4. Enter the model number
5. Click on Software under Product Support
6. Double click your desired language under Device/Firmware Manager to download the zip file to your PC.
7. Download the file in a temp directory on your PC.
8. Run the DM_WEB_XXX.exe to start the installation.
9. Follow the screen instructions to complete the installation of Device Manager.
How to upload the software to your device
1. If you have not already installed the Device Manager from the supplied CD, install it from the CD or download the latest version of the Device Manager application from http://www.philips.com/support.
2. Once you have Device Manager installed, connect the GoGear to the power supply with the AC/DC adapter and to the computer with the provided USB cable. Make sure that Windows Media Player along with any other applications are closed.
3. Launch the Philips Device Manager by double clicking the Device Manager icon at the task bar on your computer.
4. Select your device in the dialogue box and then click Update. The Philips Device Manager will detect the connection of your GoGear and the application will automatically check on the server to see if an update is available and prompt user to download the updated firmware. Click YES to start the downloading.
5. A status bar will show the downloading progress of the firmware. Once the downloading is complete the application will prompt you to install the update onto your GoGear. Click YES to confirm.
6. The application will show the status of updating and at the end you need to click OK to complete the update. (Please do not disconnect the jukebox during the upgrading process as this interruption may damage the firmware!) Once the success message is displayed. Close Device Manager and all opened application and unplug your GoGear.
Version 3.22 Initial release
Version 5.26 Device will not disconnect the low power USB when battery voltage drops to a very low level.
Fixed the occasional hang up problem when unit switching between playback and recording mode.