Firmware upgrade version 5.2 for hdd050, hdd060, hdd065, hdd066, hdd070, hdd071, hdd075 & hdd077
This upgrade patch includes: Device Manager(utilities for upgrading / restoring your jukebox)
and the firmware files (version 5.2) for your jukebox to work with them.
If the existing firmware version of your GoGear HDD is below 4.41d and you have not already installed Musicmatch Jukebox
from the Philips support site. You are required to also download and install the Musicmatch Jukebox V.9.5092 from the
Philips support site and use it to transfer music onto your GoGear as the Philips Digital Media Manager (DMM) will be
uninstalled automatically once the Device Manager is installed in your computer
The new firmware will offer the following enhancements:
- Problem with muting issue on playing back of certain tracks of long playback time has been fixed.
- Resolved the play order issue with certain album.
please make sure that your PC is running on one of the following operating systems
- Windows 98SE & ME
- Windows 2000 SP4 (or above)
- Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above)
Do I need the software?
To check the firmware version of your device
- Press Menu and scroll for Settings > Information.
- If you already have the latest version, there is no need to upgrade.
How to download the software to your PC
- Launch the Windows Explorer
- Enter the Philips support site at url http://www.philips.com/support
- Select your resided country & language
- Enter the model number
- Click on Software under Product Support
- Double click your desired language under Firmware upgrade software to download the firmware to your PC.
- Download the file in a temp directory on your PC.
How to upload the software to your device
1.Unzip the Upgrade file to a temporary directory on your computer.
2.Run the HDD_DM_xxx.exe file. Note that this will uninstall any earlier version of PHILIPS Digital Media Manager or Device Manager and install the latest Device Manager.
3.Follow screen instructions to complete relevant installations.
4.When installation completes,Connect your GoGear micro jukebox to the computer and to the power supply with the AC adapter.
5.Launch Device Manager from your desktop / Start. Click the UPGRADE button to upgrade the firmware of your jukebox.
IMPORTANT: Always make sure that the AC/DC adaptor is connected during the device Firmware Upgrade process and when device is connected to the PC.
6.You will be prompted to disconnect your device from your computer as soon as Device Manager finishes interacting with your device.
Safely unplug your jukebox.
7.Once the USB cable is disconnected, firmware upgrade will start automatically.
The process is complete when the device restarts and displays the power up splash screen.
2005-02-10: Firmware V.4.41d
- Added DRM Support
- Resolved hang up issues when using Musicmatch Jukebox